Monday, March 19, 2012

Playing outside

We have spent considerable time outside the past few days...I mean 70s and even 80 in March in Minnesota? Wow? Where is it like this year round? I want to move there...So we've been outside for at least 3 hours a day since last Thursday and I've been outside even longer than that as the kids are overlapping on their naps, so I sit on the deck and knit and read. Yes, knit and read at the same time. Jason was joking last night by asking me if I could add another hobby to my simultaneous diversions. I don't think so.

Anyway, all this outside play means that the kids and I are all happier and sleeping better. Abby, by the way, has started sleeping 12 hours at night. Uninterrupted. For 5 nights in a row now? I have woken up before her every time and I check on her and try to go back to sleep, but usually don't have too much success with that. Either way, she's generally in a better mood with her good sleep, so regardless of how much sleep I get we are all happier.

Here are some snaps of our activities yesterday...I wanted to get a pic of the kids with Jason so while waiting for Sam to arrive, I took a few of Matthew...
 Sam persisted in playing with the watering can, pretending to water the grass...
 So I ended up just taking a picture of Matthew, Abby and Jason, but could not get all three of them looking at the camera at the same time,
 So I abandoned my efforts and Abby got to play on the blanket for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment