Monday, March 14, 2011

Small victories

Today I was cleaning up and putting things away during the kids' naps. I have a hanging shoe storage unit hanging on our coat closet door where I put hats and mittens. I was putting away the kids' hats when I noticed a pair of my gloves had been put away. They previously had been sitting on our front porch from an outdoor playtime last week and I'd forgotten to bring them in. So there they sat for a few days until someone brought them in a put them in the shoe storage unit.

Earlier in the morning Sam had commented that he wanted to see if we had any packages. We've had a slew of packages arrive at our house the past few days due to basement purchases, birthday purchases and other kids/household items (like another gate and a lambswool duster which Sam walked around with haphazardly dusting or "mopping" as he called it). He opened the front door and stepped out briefly then returned and I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. Turns out he must have stepped out, grabbed the gloves and then put them away in the closet. All without me mentioning it or asking him to. I called Jason right away to confirm that he didn't do it, and that leaves only Matthew or Sam. Well, Matthew can't walk or open doors yet, so it must have been Sam. Shucks. It's enough to make a mother's heart melt and bring tears to the eyes. I guess you can say I relish small victories.

No comments:

Post a Comment