Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The trail of Matthew

Matthew is getting around pretty well these days. I was making brownies this afternoon and had Matthew in the kitchen with me. He started off in the pantry where he pulled some potatoes off the bottom shelf along with the dust pan and our hand-held vac. When I saw him teetering on the bottom step of our stool which was in the pantry, I decided he'd had enough time in the pantry so I redirected him to the lazy susan in the corner of the kitchen where we keep our freezer containers and tupperware. He played there awhile, then moved onto to the slide-out cabinets in the island where I keep my baking ingredients and baking items such as measuring cups, mixing bowls and so on. On the way from the lazy susan, he left a trail of 3-4 tupperware lids. He then took out 1 mixing bowl, an assortment of baking items such as baking soda and salt and a number of measuring cups. He pretended to mix in a bowl for a while, before deciding to leave the kitchen and he left a trail of a few measuring cups behind him. He then headed to the John Deere riding toy, bypassing the wine cabinet for the time being where he has frequently been redirected and heard the word, "No". He left quite a trail behind him and it wouldn't take too much thought to recreate Matthew's kitchen adventures today.

We had some cheese and apples for an afternoon snack and when I cut off a chunk of cheese, I was greeted by what you see in the picture. Now, it's not the image of Jesus or the Virgin Mary, but it was still worthy of being recorded in the blog. It was not doctored in any way, whatsoever.

No comments:

Post a Comment