Thursday, April 28, 2011

Catching up...

I've been a slacker posting things lately. I started off April doing so well, then lately I've been feeling so good that I've done things like help Jason with the basement, clean the van, deep clean kitchen drawers and cabinets, wash windows, organize closets and read some instead of using my "free" time to sleep.

So anyway, over the past few days Sam's pretend play has involved going to "Papa Don's" and having an "Easter hunt". His cars drive around and apparently look for Easter eggs. I guess the Easter egg hunt with the Reese family was Sam's favorite event of the weekend. Jason went outside with him as I, of course, was attached to Matthew in the house (and decorating the cupcakes for his birthday party). The kids all had a great time, and Jason had a hard time keeping up with Sam running around and gathering so many eggs.

After the Easter egg hunt, the 21st-ers (Blakely, Sam and Sophia) had fun playing together on the swing set.

In other news, last night I changed Sam's diaper around 6:50, and decided that he could have some "Naked boy" time as he calls it before his bath. So he eagerly ran around the basement wearing absolutely nothing and dancing for maybe 10-15 minutes before bathtime. We all then went upstairs for bath. I ran some water and when it was all ready, Sam started to climb into the tub. He perched himself on the ledge of the tub and proceeded to pee into the tub. I told him to go into the toilet but he didn't stop peeing into the fresh bath water. Yuck. I drained the water and ran some new water. While the new water was running, I undressed Matthew. I was a little surprised, but not totally, to see that Matthew's diaper was dry. He'd only had it on for maybe a half hour, so it wasn't too unusual. Naked Matthew was then standing along the outside of the bath tub while the water finished, when he started peeing on the side of the tub and the rug. Are you kidding me? Ugh. Yuck.

Finally, in other news, tonight after Sam had been "in bed" for about 45 minutes, we heard him get up and slam Jason and my bedroom door. He hasn't been heard from for the rest of the evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment