Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Playing outside

Today it was a balmy 30 degrees so I decided to spend some time outdoors. I bundled the kids up in their winter gear. Matthew was wearing a borrowed snowsuit as he outgrew the other one we had. Unfortunately, this one doesn't cover the feet as the old one did, so we had to find something else to cover his feet. The natural thing would be boots or some kind of shoes, but since Matthew isn't walking yet I don't have any for him. I tried on Sam's boots from last year but they were much too big. So we resorted to mittens on his feet. Mismatched mittens as I couldn't even find a matching pair. You can't see them in the picture, but Sam claimed that Matthew looked like a monkey.

Sam was bundled up in his snow pants, coat, hat, mittens and boots. We played in our driveway awhile, then ventured down the street for a block. Matthew was riding in the sled while Sam walked beside me. We didn't venture too much into the snow as it's really much too deep for Sam to enjoy. We just played in the banks on the side of the street and driveway. After our walk down the street I decided to shovel the driveway some and got out shovels for myself and Sam. Matthew was sitting in the sled still and since he wasn't crying I assumed he was okay with the arrangement. After a few minutes of shoveling Sam wandered into the garage and said he wanted to go inside. Since we hadn't been out for very long and I had spent a good deal of time getting the kids ready for playing outside I wanted to spend more time outside. However, Sam had other ideas. He went to the steps leading into our house and proceeded to undress himself. I shoveled some more, then noticed Sam was almost completely undressed, except that he couldn't get the snow pants off over his boots. I relented and we went inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment