Friday, August 27, 2010

Underwear

As mentioned, Sam has been pretend playing frequently with his stuffed animals. So this morning I was getting the kids ready and Sam wanted to put on some underwear. His isn't quite ready to wear underwear yet (at least not on his bottom, he prefers to walk around with it on his head), but we still have some around in case he decides to try it out. He did not manage to get any on himself, but he did manage to get some on Emmet. Yes, Emmet is wearing underwear. And in the picture, Sam is trying to put some on Bear too.

So Emmet wore his underwear all morning and even went out in public that way.  Emmet has frequently been going on our daily travels with us and today's plan was to meet Jason at his work and then go out to lunch. So we parked in a ramp two blocks from Jason's work. Matthew was in the stroller, Sam was holding my hand and with his other hand he was carrying a skivvy-clad Emmet down Nicollet Mall. When we arrived Jason's coworkers got a good laugh out of the attire and when we were leaving Jason's building to our lunch, Jason quickly hid Emmet in the stroller. Apparently he didn't get as much of a laugh out of the situation as I did.

P.S. To show my age (or my ignorance), as I was writing this, the word "underwear" kept on coming up as a misspelled word (it was underlined with a squiggly red line). I was spelling it "underware" as in software, malware, spyware, etc. On a similar note, the other day I told Jason that the grandmother clock we have needed to be "charged".

No comments:

Post a Comment